Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dior Fall Couture 2008.

















I was having a conversation with someone I hadnt seen in a while the other day, and was excitedly showing her my beautiful couture books I'd just collected. She was failing to 'oooooh' and 'ahhhhhh' sufficiently so I snapped the books shut and enquired after her health. Turns out she was a bit aghast at the oppulence of the designs "given the state of the world" and finds couture offensive and un-ethical.
I found her Ed Hardy tshirt offensive but thought it wise not to say as much.
Couture, un-ethical? Ummmm. Right. Arms dealing is un-ethical. Slavery is un-ethical. Chooks in cages is un-ethical. Harvesting organs from the homeless in Moscow is un-ethical....... Couture, on the other hand, is the word of God in fashion form. Amen!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails