Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Fruitless Search for a Source

Right, before I go any further here I should write something about my sources. Folks often get themselves well worked-up on this topic and I can understand why; if someone was using my pics without acknowledgment I would probably feel totes put-out about it too.
In his seminal essay"Art in the Mechanical Age of Reproduction", Walter Benjamin talked about the changes art has undergone following the advent of reproduction techniques. His theory is manifold given that anyone can access and copy anything now in cyberspace.
Blogs (fashion, design or otherwise) tend to take pictures from one blog which are copied to another, then another, then another...
Thus far I have posted pics that have been in the picture album on my computer for sometime, and thus, I honestly do not remember their source.
Henceforth, I will acknowledge the sorce whenever possible.
All words are mine unless otherwise specified.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails