Friday, March 25, 2011

The Gospel (According to Diana Vreeland)






1. Red Nails: "All my life I've pursued the perfect red."
2. Champagne: "Rinse your blonde child's hair in dead champagne to keep it as gold as they do in France."
3. Violet: "Why don't you wear violet mittens with everything?"
4. Chutney: "It is marvellous, I'm mad about it, it's very imperial."
5. Red Lipstick: "Red is the great clarifier - bright and revealing. I can't imagine becoming bored with red - it would be like becoming bored with the person you love."
6. Blue Jeans: "They are the most beautiful things since the gondola."
7. Lettuce: "It's divine, although I'm not sure it's really a food."
8. Balenciaga: "In Balenciaga you were the only woman in the room - no other woman existed."
9. Smoking: "After work she'd invite me to dinner and after dinner we'd sit up drinking Smirnoff's neat with a twist and smoking Lucky Strikes." (Alfred A Knopf on Vreeland)
10. Leopard: "I've never met a leopard print that I didn't like."

Found in 10 Magazine Winter 2011.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails