Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Diamonds on the Inside

"I found that every single successful person I’ve ever spoken to had a turning point and the turning point was where they made a clear, specific, unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore. Some people make that decision at 15 and some people make it at 50 and most never make it at all."

Brian Tracy
(Via beloved Bloodmilk)
 
I just found this quote and it sums up the profound realisation I had tonight. I was told tonight that people react to 'fear' in a particular way...that the majority of us want to stop that feeling anyway we can. And that psychologically, our minds shut this feeling off as a coping/survival mechanism. But until we actually sit with it, and feel it, despite the pain associated with it, we will run our entire lives.
Tonight, I stopped running and felt it.
And it didn't kill me.
I'm alive and well. And listening to The Bangles.
Life. Is. So. Amazing.

3 comments:

hope505 said...

Exactly so!!
"bravery" doesn't mean being unafraid...it means feeling the fear and going forth anyway...

::pirouettes tossing flowers for your wisdom!!!::

Rianna said...

Such a lovely comment, thankyou! xx

StrangeBird said...

What you describe is sometimes referred to as 'mindfulness' - sitting, feeling, expanding, removing the power from the emotion. I'm so happy you found a good place :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails