Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Letters to Myself.

“Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day."

-Rainer Maria Rilke


Mum found this today and read it to my flustered self over the phone. I love it. I really love it, a lot. Patience has always been something that has been very difficult for me. Almost crippling. I've often felt that if I haven't been able to create it NOW, than it's my own lack as a human... and maybe I didn't deserve whatever I was busting my back for. I love Rilke because reading his words feels like I'm being given permission to lay it all down for awhile, and just enjoy my life and my current position. He's like a beautiful, much wiser friend and confidant.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails