Saturday, September 11, 2010

"We live only to discover beauty... all else is a form of waiting"


Beauty without grace is the hook without the bait.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
-Rabindranath Tagore


I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy.
-Charles Baudelaire


The past itself, as historical change continues to accelerate, has become the most surreal of subjects - making it possible... to see a new beauty in what is vanishing.
-Susan Sontag

The beauty that addresses itself to the eyes is only the spell of the moment; the eye of the body is not always that of the soul.
-George Sand


That's why I began doing makeup in the first place: I was hoping that through helping people see the beauty in themselves, I could try and find it in me.
-Kevyn Aucoin


When I look at myself, I am so beautiful I scream with joy!
- Maria Montez


It is better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than to be ugly.
- Oscar Wilde


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
- Miss Piggy



Images via souvenirs xo

1 comment:

Melissa {Suger} said...

Another brilliant photo collage. It makes me wish I was more proficient with my camera. Poor thing. So under utilized.

Related Posts with Thumbnails