Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hellllllllooooooo

Hi! How are you? I'm well, thanks.
I have 2 weeks left to finish my thesis and then this blog will undergo a transformation of ENORMOUS AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!
Seriously - everytime you click on my blog you will be trumpeted in welcome by a chorusline of cancan dancers who will shower you with buckets of glitter and offer you strawberries and champagne. Like, everytime!!
You will be well impressed by it.
In the mean time...
My beloved hairdresser dyed my hair super mad dark red on Saturday. Its slightly changed my life in the days since. RED HAIR IS FANTASTIC!! For example - yesterday at work I made a new friend. Her name is Georgina and she too, has red hair. Her's is carrot red and mine is kind of wine red. Anyways... We bonded over shared things:
- Mutual appreciation of Bridget Bardot.
- Mutual appreciation of corseted gingham sundresses.
- Mutual appreciation of clogs with aforementioned sundresses.
- Mutual appreciation of Kit and Mecca Cosmetica.
- Mutual appreciation of how awesome red hair is, and how you meet new people with red hair when you have red hair.
Pics soon (I always say that, but camera stuff perplexes me, and also - NO TIME RIGHT NOW! and also - I hate on facebook when people are talking about their lives and say "pics soon", because I totally want to see photos of you and your partner on his mates fishing trip... so maybe no pics??) Just take my word for it - red hair makes things FUN.
On the life front.... it is with great pleasure that I can announce that during the process of writing and researching this thing          a        change      has       come     over     me.
I think I grew up. Things feel very different to me, suddenly. I feel a quiet joy that has permeated my whole life. That might sound weird, and I don't particularly want to elaborate right now... but its definitely there. I feel like running round the streets saying "I found the key! I found the key!"
Ahem. What was I saying.... Have a great day, and here's some more music:


3 comments:

Melissa {Suger} said...

Dear my love Rianna,

Congratulations on your fabulous red hair (mine is being lightened up to do the same - We can be winter red headed twins) and for the great week.

You have no idea how much my heart lifted to read this. I was worrying about you. Now I see it was part of the process of delivering this work of yours.

I await the glittery fanfare'ness.

Love to you,
M.

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

So jealous of your red hair!!! Love those shots - need a white kitty ring right now!

Rianna said...

You two are so sweet!!
Mel - we need a big ol' bucket of coffee together sometime soon to chin wag ourselves dry as bones and then move onto the vino. It's not quite done yet, but I can see the end and feel the growth that has been.
Much love!
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails