Saturday, February 13, 2010

Erica Weiner



Uh oh. Just discovered Erica Weiner's jewellery. Incidentally, did you know that there are two ways of spelling that word? 'Jewellery' is the traditional British spelling whilst 'Jewelry' is the US spelling. That fact was proudly brought to you by Dictionary.com.
Where was I...
Yes, here we have some greeeeeeeeat pieces and I'm loath to admit that the travel fund took a small knock today when I was forced into ordering the 'Gumball Machine' vintage rings. There was a gun to my head, seriously, and the gun told me that 'Shopping would make me feel better'. The gun speaketh the truth! The Gumball rings are a selection of 4 stackable vintage rings, two of which will feature semi-precious stones or rhinestones. I love that they will be selected for me by the EricaWeiner folk - its like presents from people you've never met!
The pen-knife necklace comes with its own warning (worth buying just for the thrill of wearing a very small and dainty dangerous weapon round my neck?), also the divine twig bangle (I'm a sucker for thin bangles), and something I believe I will have to buy at somestage is one of the vial necklaces.They come in: Animal, Mineral or Vegetable. Animal: a miniature piece of polished amber with a trapped insect. Mineral: several pieces of rough iron pyrite, also known as fool's gold. Vegetable:  a mixture of 100% organic seeds which can be sown in a pot inside or outdoors. All grow edible plants and may include leek, carrot, radish, lettuce, chard, arugula, broccoli raab, bachelor buttons, borage, calendula, marigold, and nasturtium.
!!!! Ah but which one to choose...



1 comment:

Maggie May said...

I can honestly say that this is by far my most favorite jewerly I've ever seen posted on a blog. Totally fantastic and beautiful and charming and if I were talented that way exactly what I would make.
THANK YOU!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails